- Sep 07 2021
- All Base Personnel
Fall Dance Classes
Fall Dance Classes are here. Register now for your favorite dance style, or try something new:
IronWorks North aerobics room Bldg. 9595 and IronWorks Atago aerobics room Bldg. ATG200
Ages 4 and older (depending on the class)
- Jazz: ages 6-8, Tuesdays 4-4:55 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
- Jazz: ages 9 and older, Tuesdays 5-5:55 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
- Adult Dance: ages 16 and older, Tuesdays 6-7 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
- Creative Dance: ages 4-5, Wednesdays 4-4:45 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
- Girls Hip Hop: ages 9 and older, Thursdays 4-4:55 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
- Boys Hip Hop: ages 9 and older, Thursdays 5-5:55 PM. IronWorks North aerobics room
- Musical Theater: ages 13 and older, Thursdays 6-6:55 PM, IronWorks North aerobics room
Jazz: In Jazz, we will focus on building our technique through strength, flexibility, and choreography training. Each class will have a warm-up, technique drills across the floor, and finish with a routine. Each exercise will have varied options to cater to your skillset. Not only will we grow as dancers but we will have a blast doing it! So whether or not you are here because dance is your passion and you want to make it your career, or you just want to have fun and stay in shape, this class is for you!
Creative Dance: In Creative Dance, we will combine movement and artistic expression. This class focuses on building the fundamentals of dance using ballet techniques in a fun atmosphere.
Musical Theater: In Musical Theatre we will build our triple threat skills; singing, acting, and an emphasis on broadway dance! We will have a physical warm-up, vocal work, and a chance to learn original choreography from your favorite Broadway shows in each class. Through strengthening our voices, monologues, and learning dance routines you will be ready for the stage in no time! This class is for our Broadway lovers who want to belt out like Hamilton and kick high like Maria from West Side story!
Hip Hop: In Hip Hop, we will focus mainly on choreography training, learning various hip hop dance styles through routines. Each class will have a warm-up, strength training, and a chance to learn a routine. We will also work on building our improv skills that are deeply rooted in hip-hop culture. We will learn styles like breakdancing, jazz-funk, stepping, and modern hip hop that you'd see on world tours today. This class is for anyone who loves hip-hop music, has high energy, and wants to have fun!
Adult Dance: In this class, we will be learning a variety of dance styles to include Jazz, Hip Hop, and Contemporary.
Jazz and Creative Dance:
- Girls: a mask, jazz shoes, leotard, and tights or form-fitting tank and jazz pants. Hair should be pulled back off the face as much as possible. No jewelry, please.
- Boys: a mask, jazz shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts. No jewelry, please.
Musical Theater: a mask, form-fitting athletic wear, sneakers, and jazz shoes. Character heels are optional. No jewelry, please.
Hip-Hop: A mask, sneakers, and athletic wear such as a t-shirt and sweatpants. No jewelry, please.
Adult Dance: a mask, jazz shoes, sneakers, form-fitting athletic wear. Hair should be pulled back off the face as much as possible. No jewelry, please.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not able to get these items before the first class, that is okay! Please send your child in comfy, tight-fitting clothing, and socks.
Class Size: ballet is limited to nine, creative dance is limited to 10, and all other are limited to 15 participants.
Class times are not interchangeable